If you are new to cooking or just want to explore some time-saving kitchen tricks, Yahoo has a great new feature called Cooking 1:01. It’s a collection of videos that are each 1 minute and 1 second long, which is SUPER convenient for A.D.D. internet surfers like myself. Can you relate?
The best part about these videos is that they don’t waste your time with talking, in fact, there is no talking at all! Just some cheerful music and a quick montage of the steps required to achieve your goal. With the holidays coming up, I can imagine Cooking 1:01 will have plenty of festive dish prep videos posted before long. In the meantime, here are some of my favorites so far:
- How to Make Pan Gravy
- How to Peel and Devein Shrimp
- How to Make Balsamic Reduction
- How to Make Compound Butter (My inner Paula Deen loves this one!)
- How to Tie a Pork Roast, Butterfly a Pork Tenderloin, or Make Pork Medallions
- How to Make Quick Quinoa
- How to Make Couscous (I’ve had a bag in my pantry for almost a year, time to get busy!)
- How to Peel a Pomegranate with No Mess
- How to Peel Ginger (This one is life changing)
- How to Cut Cauliflower
And there’s plenty more where this came from! Check out the full lineup at the Yahoo Cooking 1:01 webpage:
Did you learn anything new?