With finals this week and next I am struggling to find time for anything, let alone kitchen time. Everything I’ve cooked has been done with ingredients I have on hand, which is actually kind of a good thing since we’re leaving for vacation on 12/29 and I want my refrigerator spotless!
I threw together this sushi salad on a whim in order to use up some seafood flakes I’ve had in my freezer for ages (a Whole Foods splurge that should have never happened). The idea came from a recipe I pinned about a year ago – a beautiful 11 ingredient sushi salad recipe from Clean Eating Magazine. While I still hope to remake the gorg Clean Eating recipe, I had to make due with piddly finals week scraps that were laying around.
Now if only finals can be this accommodating.
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅔ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp raw honey
- 2 cups of chopped lettuce
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 8 oz seafood flakes (crab, lobster, surimi, etc.)
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- Mix the first 4 ingredients to make your dressing.
- Plate the remaining 4 ingredients on two plates, layering lettuce then brown rice, then seafood flakes, then carrots.
- Top with dressing and serve.