This week felt very reflective in ways.
Wedding planning – how do we ensure we are completely true to ourselves in planning this grand event?
Worklife/Balance – how do I do my best work everyday while striving to learn more, and not burn out?
Health – what habits can I change to make living a healthier life more feasible? If you’re following along on Instagram, this week I posted a sad face while sitting in traffic, starved! To say I devoured the first thing I could get my hands on when I got home would be an understatement….hello, Goldfish (the crackers, not the aquarium dweller, that would be a new level of weird). I hate when I do that to myself.
One thing I continuously return to as I get older is this feeling that I don’t want to wake up when I’m 60 and realize I spent my best years funding a life. I want to LIVE life. An upcoming vacation should do much to alleviate my self-induced life worries…but in the grand scheme of things I don’t think these worries are all that bad if they force you to take a step back and make sure you’re living your best life possible.
With that said, here are some of my favorite finds of the week:
- Nekter Juice Bar posted their list of 5 Books to Read to Get You Inspired (I plan to check out Jon Acuff’s “Quitter”)
- An oldie but goodie making the rounds on Pinterest, One Lovely Life’s Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles, yum!
- The Hippo Roller – a container that helps rural communities gain access to water. More water can be carried per trip, and with less stress and effort.
- Time Out posted a list of Free (or almost free) yoga classes in Los Angeles and surrounding areas, as I like to say “I’m just here for the savasana”
- BeautyLiesTruth.com is a great resource if you’re looking to clean up your beauty routine. Their posts are relevant and useful, and a great first step when you want to find out more about what your beauty product labels mean.
- Greatist posted some great graphics showing the poses that will help you get the best stretch possible.
Enjoy your weekend to the fullest!