I have a laundry list of things to do (included in the list: laundry), but I’m really feeling compelled to take advantage of the upcoming Memorial Day weekend! We had a rough week with our french bulldog….our little
angel stinker dog snuck onto the dining room table while we were at work and ate an entire (mega) bag of peppered beef jerky…10 servings!
Worried about sodium toxicity, the vet advised us to bring him in for some blood work, but he was cleared and released later that afternoon. We hoped he would be better by now (3 days later), but he’s still got an upset tummy and I’m researching home diet remedies to get him back on track as we speak. Recommendations welcome!
So R & R is on deck for us, and we do have standing invites to a few BBQ’s which we’ll sure take advantage of if Luda’s health allows.
Some fun finds from around the interwebs follows:
- We all celebrate Memorial Day to honor our men and women who have fallen while serving in the U.S. military, but do you know the history behind the holiday? I found this to be a good read!
- With the first big grilling weekend upon us, check out this guide on how to grill just about everything for Memorial Day!
- Consumer Report’s annual sunscreen ratings found that many sunblocks have a significantly lower SPF than advertised. WTH!
- AwakenWithJP is quickly becoming my favorite YouTube parody account, and one of his recent videos “If Meat Eaters Acted like Vegans” is pretty hilarious.
- Can certain foods affect mood? It turns out, yes. Molecules in chocolate, a variety of berries and foods containing omega-3 fatty acids positively affect mood.